http://history.columbian.com

Vancouver Police Department 1955

Vancouver Police Department 1955

In 1955, the Vancouver Police Department began using three-wheeled motorcycles. The new black-and-white machines were equipped with three-way radio, allowing the two-meter officers to keep in touch with the station and other vehicles. Shown on the cycles are Patrolmen Ted Slothower (left) and Robert Irwin. Traffic Captain Harry O. Wood stands between the machines. #TBT